Saturday, February 1, 2014

"I Do" and cancer.


Evan Welcher, a pastor, (EvanWelcher.com) has a great blog.   Recently he wrote a tender post about the 
pain of his wife fighting cancer.   In the middle he reflects on what "I Do" really means.  It is essential for us to understand this if  we are to put feet to our marriage commitments:
I said “I do”, and I still do.  The “I do” of marriage is always in the present tense until The Lord Jesus says otherwise.  ”I do” is never “I did at the time”.  ”I do” is always present tense. “I do” travels through space and time to whatever condition the married couple finds themself in and says, “I still do, I always do, and when the enemy burns down these battlements, I shall remain”.
At one point, as he stays with Danielle at the hospital, a nurse says that it is good that he is there.  He replies that that is what marriage is.  She sighs, "Not always."

For the entire sweet story go to:

http://evanwelcher.com/how-to-keep-your-i-do-in-the-present-tense/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |